Affirmative action has been the most contentious area of civil rights law during the past 30 years. Despite several Supreme Court decisions, numerous executive orders, and laws passed by legislators at the state and federal level, it is still considered an unsettled area of law. Because of this current lack of resolution, any article written about affirmative action may soon become outdated with the latest law or court decision. Nevertheless, the broad outlines of what affirmative action has been and presumably will be in the future can be established.
Inside Affirmative Action
- Affirmative Action Defined
- History of Affirmative Action
- Supreme Court Decisions on Affirmative Action
- Forms of Affirmative Action
- Abolishing Affirmative Action
- Additional Resources